Sunday, February 17, 2013

50 Westerns From the 50s

Are you a fan of westerns, especially old school westerns from the 1950s? If you're reading this blog, I bet you are. If so, I want you to go check out a site called 50 Westerns From The 50s. It's written by a dude named Toby Roan.

I don't know Toby Roan. Aside from a nice comment he left on an essay I wrote about One-Eyed Jacks, I've never had any contact with him. But I'm a fan. His site is smart and informative. I know a bunch of shit about 50s westerns, but this guy is steeped in it

(Okay, "steeped in shit" doesn't sound good--but we're talking about western-geek knowledge, so you want someone steeped in shit, preferably horse shit. Which this dude is. His name is even the name of a horse. So there.) 

If you're into that kind of thing, go check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed. 

PS: the poster above is for the 1955 TWO-GUN LADY. It's a terrible movie despite starring both Peggie (incorrectly spelled Peggy on the poster) Castle and Marie Windsor, two of the great women of film noir, and William Talman (one of noir's great villains). It's a disappointment on all levels, but I sure do love the poster.  


1 comment:

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks for the heads up. That's a great blog. Much to learn there and some movies to track down.